· Removed existing concrete pavement
· Completed roadway excavation and installation of gravel base materials
· Removed existing concrete sidewalk.
· Removed existing driveway materials.
· Poured concrete curb & gutter and sidewalk
Work Anticipated to be Performed, July 31st to August 4th
· Complete pouring concrete curb & gutter and sidewalk
· Rough grading of landscape behind concrete sidewalk
· Fine grading of gravel base materials
· Pave first layers of asphalt pavement
· Driveway restorations.
Sections of the concrete sidewalk will be skipped to allow for access to each home during concrete curb & gutter and sidewalk construction. This will allow you to step over the concrete curb & gutter without needing to get over the new concrete sidewalk as well. The concrete can be walked on the day after it is poured, but takes several days prior to driving a vehicle over the new concrete.
Thank you for all your understanding as driveway access has been restricted during concrete curb & gutter and sidewalk construction. Please be assured the Village is committed to ensuring the work is completed as quickly as possible and driveway access is restored as soon as possible. It is anticipated that driveway access will be restored by Friday, August 4th. Driveway access will be restored once the concrete is properly cured and the first layers of asphalt pavement are installed.